Do you need a surgery?
- First you must visit a community clinic and be seen by a medical provider
- The medical provider will then determine if you are eligible to be referred and then send the completed referral form to AccessOC.
- An AccessOC, Southern California, representative will call and screen you to make sure you qualify for the program.
In order to qualify, a patient:
- must not have health insurance or Worker’s Compensation coverage, spousal/partner coverage
- must be ineligible for any publicly sponsored programs Medi-Cal, Medicare, MSI, Healthy Families or California Children’s Services throughout the entire process; if patient becomes eligible during their time on the waitlist or after becoming an AccessOC patient, the patient will be referred to social services for care
- must earn less than 250% of the Federal Poverty Level- $26,000 for individual $53,000 for a family of four
- must be referred by a doctor or nurse for a medically necessary, low-risk, outpatient surgery
- must live in Orange County
- must not require ongoing care by surgeon for successful recovery (referring clinic maintains responsibility for care beyond surgery, after post-op appointment)
AccessOC, Southern California, coordinates low-risk, outpatient procedures with Orange County hospitals and outpatient facilities. Acceptance for surgery is the surgeon’s decision; wait time depends on volunteer surgeon availability. Common procedures provided through AccessOC include (others may be available):
- Hernia repair
- Lipoma & cyst excision
- Minor Gynecological
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Ophthalmology, including cataract and pterygium